What is the standard size for a tile in Intersect?

Helen1701

Question

I have just downloaded intersect and I am exploring the program. I am trying to make my own tilesets, but I keep having to tweek them so that they work properly. I made grass and flowers ones 32x32 pixels, and this was working great. I then tried to make a tileset for carpets (also 32x32 pixels), and when I filled a map with the carpet, I had an unwanted border on each tile from the tile which was adjacent to it. I might have miscounted the pixels or something, but I had read somewhere that they were 32x32 pixels so that's what I believed I'd gone along with. Maybe my grass ones were also the wrong size, but being grass it wasn't obvious I got it wrong. Also, does it matter what program the tiles are made with? I'm using MS Paint.

What I find interesting is that I actually downloaded some free tilesets to try out, and they do not line up to the tile sizes when you try to use them. I am assuming that these tiles were designed to be used in other similar programs. The question I need to know the answer to is... what is the standard tile size for Interesect?

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Helen1701 said:

I have just downloaded intersect and I am exploring the program. I am trying to make my own tilesets, but I keep having to tweek them so that they work properly. I made grass and flowers ones 32x32 pixels, and this was working great. I then tried to make a tileset for carpets (also 32x32 pixels), and when I filled a map with the carpet, I had an unwanted border on each tile from the tile which was adjacent to it. I might have miscounted the pixels or something, but I had read somewhere that they were 32x32 pixels so that's what I believed I'd gone along with. Maybe my grass ones were also the wrong size, but being grass it wasn't obvious I got it wrong. Also, does it matter what program the tiles are made with? I'm using MS Paint.

What I find interesting is that I actually downloaded some free tilesets to try out, and they do not line up to the tile sizes when you try to use them. I am assuming that these tiles were designed to be used in other similar programs. The question I need to know the answer to is... what is the standard tile size for Interesect?

32x32 if you using VX format

Okay, that makes sense now. Thank you :) I have gone back and checked my work, and I had actually miscounted the pixels. I'm feeling like a bit of an idiot now. I am quite enjoying making the tilesets, so it's good to know I have the standard size nailed to prevent me from making the same mistake again.

I didn't know you could do that. I am not finding the need to at the moment, and with having made a load of tiles all at 32x32, if I did change the size then the tilesets I've made will no longer function as they should. At present I've been focusing on indoor flooring and wallpaper art, all of which I now have working correctly. However, I can see the logic in having larger tiles for some things, like big trees maybe, but then I can use multiple tiles at once for that, like maybe a 3x3 tile large tree.

The only other issue I am having since being clear on tile size is making things smaller than a tile big. I wanted to make some small round windows, but even when I set them to mask 1, mask 2 or fringe, they always bring with them the white background from paint, making them practically useless. I don't understand why, but I do need to sort it out because of the number of items I am going to need that are going to look pretty silly if they're a tile big, for example, a pint of beer sat on a bar, a slice of cake sitting on a plate, a bowl of cat food... etc. How do I go about that?

Update: I've found a program online called pixelart, the plants I create now work perfectly when set to mask 1, so I think I will use that program instead of paint for my sub tile size arts

Edited by Helen1701
adding an update