Client Lagging

zistroxy

Question

Whenever I try to open my client it takes about 3-5 minutes to open, then whenever I hover over any interface buttons the client gets laggy, this wasn't a thing in the first trials I had with the client, does anyone have a solution?

4 answers to this question

This is the laptop I'm using

Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU  N2830  @ 2.16GHz   2.16 GHz
4,00 GB RAM
64 bits

I've tried all the resolutions that suit on my laptop from  800 x 600 to 1366 x 768, all of them have the same result.
I'm using the basic tilesets and just some others that I found, but I don't think this is the problem since the client was working just good for me, I don't know what exactly happened. Right now I'm organazing the resources that I've donwloaded and deleting some duplicates, I already tried to run my game with less resources but that didn't change anything.

I'm also interested if it'll run better with the base client as downloaded from the site without changes. 

If that runs fine and your own graphics don't, what resolution are the files you're adding? 

If it doesn't you might want to check if your drivers have changed recently due to an update. 

I'm also going to add that that cpu was never very powerful to begin with and I think it's most likely simply that your hardware is 8 or so years and old even back then it wasn't very good. 

There's a good chance that whatever you do (even if you can temporarily fix it now) you'll run into similar issues later down the line.