Multiple people on a project

Azkaosa

Question

So out of curiosity, Is intersect any good at working in a team. I know engine like unity allow you to package what you did and send it to someone els to work on said project. Is there a way to do that or is it you have an artistpearson, music person and then 1 person just puts it all together?  

3 answers to this question

The client and editor both have autoupdaters for assets.

Artists and musicians would be using other pieces of software for their work, but when they have something usable for the other people working on the project the assets they made can be added to the autoupdater.

Maps, quests, events, etcetera are all done via the editor, which will be connected to a server. Multiple people can be working on it different pieces of the game content at once (e.g. different maps, different NPCs).

7 minutes ago, Azkaosa said:

So you are saying if i connect the game to a server, and send the client/ editor to someone they would be able to edit things and do things in real time such as edit maps and events on maps?

Yes, but you have to take into account the resource updater, for example I can add a new tileset or sprite for the skills in my resources folder but if I don't share the resource the others won't be able to see it although when they download / update their projects they will be able to see it .