How could I increase the font size, without destroying the UI?

Daywalkr

Question

I find some of the base fonts to be waaay too small for my impaired self. I'd like to increase them, so I came across this:

I gave that a go, and sure enough I could replace the fonts. But the UI exploded, which is understandable.

Three questions:

1) I understand I can modify the scale of UI elements, and I've even found a GUI editor on this site made by a user. But, before I commit a bunch of time to that - is that the solution? Just replace the fonts with sizes/styles I prefer, then modify the UI until they fit in all menus?

2) I know there is the Client config file for editing fonts - but I only see one of the options dictate a font size alongside it. Can all of the options support a font size, or just the UIFont option?

3) What's the difference between UIFont and GameFont?

Thanks in advance :)

3 answers to this question

50 minutes ago, Daywalkr said:

I find some of the base fonts to be waaay too small for my impaired self. I'd like to increase them, so I came across this:

I gave that a go, and sure enough I could replace the fonts. But the UI exploded, which is understandable.

Three questions:

1) I understand I can modify the scale of UI elements, and I've even found a GUI editor on this site made by a user. But, before I commit a bunch of time to that - is that the solution? Just replace the fonts with sizes/styles I prefer, then modify the UI until they fit in all menus?

2) I know there is the Client config file for editing fonts - but I only see one of the options dictate a font size alongside it. Can all of the options support a font size, or just the UIFont option?

3) What's the difference between UIFont and GameFont?

Thanks in advance :)

if you changed font you should change font in json files in gui folder...