Hover over item error

Justn

Question

Hi all! I am working with a new item type and everything looks good. For some reason when I hover over the item either in the loot window or inventory my client crashes: here is the error when hovering over it in the inventory window. 

2021-03-29 22:46:09.751 [Error] 
    Stack:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at Intersect.Client.Interface.Game.ItemDescWindow..ctor(ItemBase item, Int32 amount, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32[] statBuffs, String titleOverride, String valueLabel, Boolean centerHorizontally) in C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\GitRepo\Amara\Intersect.Client\Interface\Game\ItemDescWindow.cs:line 60
   at Intersect.Client.Interface.Game.Inventory.InventoryItem.pnl_HoverEnter(Base sender, EventArgs arguments) in C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\GitRepo\Amara\Intersect.Client\Interface\Game\Inventory\InventoryItem.cs:line 156
   at Intersect.Client.Framework.Gwen.Control.Base.GwenEventHandler`1.Invoke(Base sender, T arguments)
   at Intersect.Client.Framework.Gwen.Control.Base.OnMouseEntered() in C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\GitRepo\Amara\Intersect.Client.Framework\Gwen\Control\Base.cs:line 2139
   at Intersect.Client.Framework.Gwen.Control.Base.InputMouseEntered() in C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\GitRepo\Amara\Intersect.Client.Framework\Gwen\Control\Base.cs:line 2179
   at Intersect.Client.Framework.Gwen.Input.InputHandler.UpdateHoveredControl(Base inCanvas) in C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\GitRepo\Amara\Intersect.Client.Framework\Gwen\Input\InputHandler.cs:line 499
   at Intersect.Client.Framework.Gwen.Input.InputHandler.OnMouseMoved(Base canvas, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 dx, Int32 dy) in C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\GitRepo\Amara\Intersect.Client.Framework\Gwen\Input\InputHandler.cs:line 210
   at Intersect.Client.Framework.Gwen.Control.Canvas.Input_MouseMoved(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 dx, Int32 dy) in C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\GitRepo\Amara\Intersect.Client.Framework\Gwen\Control\Canvas.cs:line 256
   at Intersect.Client.Framework.Gwen.Input.IntersectInput.ProcessMessage(Object message) in C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\GitRepo\Amara\Intersect.Client.Framework\Gwen\Input\IntersectInput.cs:line 112
   at Intersect.Client.MonoGame.Input.MonoInput.Update() in C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\GitRepo\Amara\Intersect.Client\MonoGame\Input\MonoInput.cs:line 194
   at Intersect.Client.Core.Main.Update() in C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\GitRepo\Amara\Intersect.Client\Core\Main.cs:line 107
   at Intersect.Client.MonoGame.IntersectGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\GitRepo\Amara\Intersect.Client\MonoGame\IntersectGame.cs:line 231
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior)
   at Intersect.Client.MonoGame.IntersectGame.MonoGameRunner.Start(IClientContext context, Action postStartupAction) in C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\GitRepo\Amara\Intersect.Client\MonoGame\IntersectGame.cs:line 514
   at Intersect.Client.Core.ClientContext.InternalStart() in C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\GitRepo\Amara\Intersect.Client\Core\ClientContext.cs:line 44
   at Intersect.Core.ApplicationContext`2.Start(Boolean lockUntilShutdown) in C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\GitRepo\Amara\Intersect (Core)\Core\ApplicationContext`2.cs:line 221

3 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

You probably need to add the item type into your client_strings.json file.. but that's just a guess..

I have a feeling this is going to be the issue. When I checked line 60 it basically was two words about creating a new item desc window. Let me get to my computer and test this out and will update you.

@jcsnider you are a genius! that was it. So did this line tell you that or how did you know so I know what to look for on silly errors like that? Message: The given key was not present in the dictionary. 

Edited by Justn

You probably need to add the item type into your client_strings.json file.. but that's just a guess...

Knowing what's on line 60 of C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\GitRepo\Amara\Intersect.Client\Interface\Game\ItemDescWindow.cs would allow me to help more.