Sound On Item Pickup

Nimbus

Question

Hello!

How would I go about adding an event to play a sound on every item that is looted? So the player can hear it enter their bag.

I've looked into the triggering and can't quite figure it out. I have tons of other sounds that play with different events but this has me stuck.

Thanks so much,

-Nimbo

3 answers to this question

I can't think on a easy way to do this. If you really need this feature, please considere making "fake" versions of each item, for example:

1. An npc drops "fake diamond"

2. User pick up "fake diamond"

3. A common event checks if you have a "fake diamond" in your inventory

4. If true, play sound, remove "fake diamond" and add "diamond"

But depending on the amount of items on your game this may be a very bad way to do it. At least it should work, but I don't think it's worthing

On 3/27/2021 at 6:49 AM, Khaikaa said:

I can't think on a easy way to do this. If you really need this feature, please considere making "fake" versions of each item, for example:

1. An npc drops "fake diamond"

2. User pick up "fake diamond"

3. A common event checks if you have a "fake diamond" in your inventory

4. If true, play sound, remove "fake diamond" and add "diamond"

But depending on the amount of items on your game this may be a very bad way to do it. At least it should work, but I don't think it's worthing

Yeah I will just leave that aspect out for now xD. I just like having sound ques for things. This would prevent having to constantly look at the tile you just looted, but its not a huge deal.