How do I change my Intersect Client player name?

gaveitatry

Question

After I downloaded Intersect, I did not know what to do.  At first, I tried to open up the Editor and Client but I was prompted for a User Name and Password that I did not have or know.  I then opened up the Server and went back and opened up the Editor and Client again.  I think that it was the Client that prompted me to register, which I did.  AndI think that it was the Client that asked me what player name I wanted.  I thought that I capitalized the first letter of my desired player name, but after I logged into the Client it shows the first letter of my player name as lower case.  It is really annoying me because I like the first letter of my player name to always be capitalized.  Is there a way to change this?  If so, how?  Where is the player name information saved?  Is it saved on my computer, or is it saved on the internet somewhere?

11 answers to this question

1 hour ago, PhenomenalDev said:

You can edit this manually first download a database editor then open up Server\resources\intersect.db and manually change your name, password, gold, exp, level or sprite (I'm using this to give admins exclusive characters)

It worked.  I just kept clicking random places in the DB Browser for SQLite, when I finally discovered the 'Browse Data' tab and looked under 'Characters'.  Mine was listed there, and I saw that my first letter was lower-case.  I must have entered it wrong during the registration process.  I changed it to a capital letter and then went to File > Write Changes (Ctrl + S) and restarted my Server.  My user name is fixed now.  Thanks!

You can edit this manually first download a database editor then open up Server\resources\intersect.db and manually change your name, password, gold, exp, level or sprite (I'm using this to give admins exclusive characters)

13 minutes ago, PhenomenalDev said:

Thank you.  I will look into this.  Could you recommend a database editor for me?  One that is easy to use and understand?  I currently have Visual Studio 2015, but I it looks complicated, I never used it before, and I am not sure if it is a database editor.  I don't even know what it is.  But WereAlpaca assured me that I will need Visual Studio 2015 if I want to change or add to source code later on.

5 minutes ago, gaveitatry said:

Thank you.  I will look into this.  Could you recommend a database editor for me?  One that is easy to use and understand?  I currently have Visual Studio 2015, but I it looks complicated, I never used it before, and I am not sure if it is a database editor.  I don't even know what it is.  But WereAlpaca assured me that I will need Visual Studio 2015 if I want to change or add to source code later on.

I use the db browser for SQLite

13 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Isn't there a proper ingame admin pannel which includes changing sprites etc @jcsnider ? Can't check at the moment. (Probably binded to f1, insert or the /admin command)

I tested those in the Client, and the Insert key works.  But the only options are Ban, Kick, and Warp.  I don't see an option to change the first letter of my player name.  But I am pretty sure that JCSnider said that there was a bug that made ALL first letters lower-case, even if you used upper-case during registration.  I might be wrong.

2 hours ago, gaveitatry said:

Thanks.  I bookmarked it and will try editing the db file later and see what happens.

You're welcome :D also it might not have even been you this is a glitch that happens in the engine.

9 minutes ago, PhenomenalDev said:

You're welcome :D also it might not have even been you this is a glitch that happens in the engine.

You're right.  It's a glitch.  I installed a new copy and the same thing happened again.  LOL.