HP and MP Issue

jvguidio

Question

Hello, I'm learning on how to use the Intersect Engine and I made a level "reset" system, where the player goes back to level 1 after reaching level 100.

The problem is that when the player resets, his HP and MP resets together. Does anyone know how to fix that? Is there any way to increase HP and MP based on any of the attributes?

BEFORE LEVEL RESET:

Level 99 - 1000 HP and 500 MP

cf2c874e7ad62a20636d21a7ee867cc9.png

AFTER LEVEL RESET:

Level 1 - HP goes back to 20 and MP goes back to 10. What I want is to keep the player with 1000 HP and 500 MP and then increase them as the player level up.

dc3c6699f12ad206d493a1897ef7365a.png

Regards.

3 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Beefy Kasplant said:

How often can players reset? 

You could possibly have a hidden class with the desired base HP and MP and change the player to that class when resetting the level. 

If there are unlimited reset opportunities you'd have to edit source to keep the current HP and MP when resetting the level.

Great idea, I didn't thought about changing the player class to another with the desired HP and MP.

But for what I'm planning to do, I'll have to edit source, since players can reset thousands of times :3_grin:. 

Thank you  :grog: 

Currently, when levels are changed the game checks whether the stats and statpoints they have are valid and will reset it when they're not.

That's what's happening here and what you'll have to break out of the source code.

It's not something that can be configured anywhere without some edits of your own..