Player-Run Economy?

ShakeyGames

Question

Hello, new user of Intersect here. So far it seems fantastic. One thing though:

Am I able to create a player-run economy ingame? For example, take RuneScape. In the game, shops have a limited stock of items. When a player purchases an item, the stock of the item in that shop will decrease. One the stock is 0, players are unable to purchase the respective item until the stock goes back up. The stock can increase with two methods: one, the player sells their item to the shop and that respective item's stock increases, or two, the stock increases over time naturally (i.e once every 30 seconds the stock goes up by 1).

Is there a way to implement this or is this currently not possible in Intersect? Because at the moment, shops have an infinite stock of every item.

Thanks.

5 answers to this question

Just now, jcsnider said:

Not a feature in the base engine (as you have discovered.) Anything is possible though through source modifications, this in particular wouldn't be too insanely challenging for a decent developer.

Thanks for answering. Not particularly excellent with C# but I'll try modifying the source.

1 hour ago, Markchapman said:

Not really an engine based answer but maybe you could event it with specific shop or salesmen? Maybe a quick fix until this engine develops further.

Don't quite understand what you mean, can you elaborate further please?

Have an event with a sprite as a graphic, have him sell the player however many items you want them to be able to buy. 

Using conditional branches to check the players gold, and self switches have him sell the amount, switch self switch a and wait however long then self switch a false to the previous page.