Drop range of NPC drops

Superspyi

Question

What I'd like to do is make it so item drops such as Gold are dropped in random amounts within a range.  Say 20% chance for 1-5 gold on a early game mob while a boss may have a 10% drop for 1200-2400.  Anybody able to make something like this work in the current system or with a git addon?  I'm using v0.6.1.259 at the moment.

10 answers to this question

@DougLife Right and I've seen that.  But what I'm looking for is the ability to make the drop itself a random number. Rather than setting 5 gold at a 10% drop rate I'd like to have 1-5 gold at a 10% drop rate.  For the lower end mobs I would be fine just doing 1,2,3,4,5 at 10% each but whenever you're looking at 1200-2400 that's when a random number would be super beneficial.

1 minute ago, DougLife said:

Oh amount drops! 

@DougLife  Yeah that's what I meant lmao.  Sometimes I just can't find the right words for what I'm meaning.  But that's exactly it.  Basically just random (between 1-5 or 1200-2400 depending on the mob) drop amounts for items like gold.

the percentage with the number you select doesnt drop a number between 1 and 5 though? If not, it wont bother my project. But it might strongly impact others. Why not do a alternative maybe? Drop 1 item, and do a shop or Quest when they turn in so many of those items they get one item of the other thing. Thats what im doing in my project.

8 hours ago, DougLife said:

the percentage with the number you select doesnt drop a number between 1 and 5 though? If not, it wont bother my project. But it might strongly impact others. Why not do a alternative maybe? Drop 1 item, and do a shop or Quest when they turn in so many of those items they get one item of the other thing. Thats what im doing in my project.

@DougLifeAs far as I know it'll only drop the selected items.  If I've got 3 Gold at 10% and 7 gold at 10% it'll drop one, the other, or both.  But nothing in between unfortunately.

You could also set the drop rate in tiers:

If you want 1-5 gold to drop at 10%, set it like this:
1 gold - 10%

1 gold - 10%

1 gold - 10%

1 gold - 10%

1 gold - 10%

That would make it a 10% chance to drop 1 - 5 gold without changing source.

28 minutes ago, Superspyi said:

@CosakiGames That is a good idea.  But then the player would need to pickup multiple items on top of each other.  It is closer to what i'm wanting to do though.

Well If you want to do it like that you could:

1. set a common event on the NPC death

2. have a variable randomly set, then check that variable to determine the gold/item amount

3. give player the gold/item that was rolled. (I think the dev version has a way to drop the items now through events)