Game Desktop Dating - Chat App (Intersect Game Engine Mod)

Julian

Hi All.

I built this Dating Chat app with Intersect Game Engine....well, a stripped version of intersect game engine...I removed a lot from the C# Source and recompiled.

Controversial Dating App.

Our dating app is somewhat controversial. It is built for the purposes of inclusivity and discussion provocation in order to stimulate the conversations of the users.

The objective of this system is to allow people to completely be themselves in a Safe environment.

We feel that the best way to do this is to allow people to show you who they really are by hiding who they really are.

This is an experimental project and we are uncertain on whether we will continue the production as various people have made some valid points about the potential risk factors about a dating app such as this one.

We are carefully monitoring how this app is used. If we find that it is unacceptable from an ethical standpoint we will be terminating the service entirely and destroying the code so that nobody can replicate this.

We wish no harm on anyone and we are hoping that this social experiment does the opposite and is used as it was intended:

A way of finding love purely by evaluating someone's personality.

Please download on itch.io if interested. This is an alpha version: https://zoolean.itch.io/desktop-dating-in-the-dark or visit our website desktopdating.co.za

7a469c44bdc501290052a43f02b08490.png

2 hours ago, Julian said:

We feel that the best way to do this is to allow people to show you they really are by hiding who they really are.

Are they really who they are by hiding who they really are?

It looks interesting, but I feel like the design can still be improved (especially the chat bubble gui and the name of the player being too far from him).

Will the players just stay in the platform and chat about the platform subject? If the purpose of the game is too chat freely isn't it better if they are teleported on a map dedicated to the platform?

From what I've seen on the promotion video, it will be pretty messy if there are 75 people online chatting in the same map.

Good luck with your project :91_thumbsup:

Spoiler

I don't know if it's on purpose, but there is a missing "k" in the "stricly adults only" text on the main map.

1 hour ago, Shenmue said:

Are they really who they are by hiding who they really are?

Reveal hidden contents

I don't know if it's on purpose, but there is a missing "k" in the "stricly adults only" text on the main map.

The idea is to focus on their personalities and by using the controversial skins and platforms can reveal things about themselves that they would not usually in person

• 2 weeks later...

HI Folks.

I have decided to make this into more of a game as such...The chat system alone is not sufficient as I have learned. I will be working with a friend who will be assisting me in the creation of other mechanics. This will at this point not be an MMORPG... However, it will being to have a few game mechanics in the future.