NPC Movement

Weylon Santana

Question

4 answers to this question

50 minutes ago, Joyce said:

Im curious how this would work, as NPCs are shared entities unlike most events. Would they follow/avoid the first player they encounter or change targets randomly?

As the npcs seem to have a seeing behavior, (distance from the view), I believe they should follow the first player they see, and then if they have an aggressive behavior, attack other players or npcs (with the npc vs npc function enabled).

considering an "invocation" that would be done through events, he could follow the player who activated the event. (magic / event).

considering a pet, just follow the player who interacted with it, (if possible).

considering a normal npc, with the function to follow, just that, the first one he sees. And then the player would choose to leave, or kill.

if the player leaves the npc view configured to follow, he stops.

on the other hand, the npc configured to move away from the player, would go in any direction away from the player, every time the player entered his field of vision.

So, you're basically asking for an ''Attack on Sight'' behaviour without the actual attacks. Alongside an "Avoid on Sight" behaviour.

And then the pet behaviour is literally just a pet system, which is a whole other can of worms.

1 minute ago, Joyce said:

So, you're basically asking for an ''Attack on Sight'' behaviour without the actual attacks. Alongside an "Avoid on Sight" behaviour.

And then the pet behaviour is literally just a pet system, which is a whole other can of worms.

I wasn't thinking about a pet system, I think it would be useful for a pet, but no, I was thinking about "invocations". The intersect has the property of putting the NPC to protect the player, (guard), but he does not follow, he stands still, it would be good if he had this movement, to follow while protecting the player. It wouldn't be like a pet, that the pet would have to evolve, or something like that. So that through events we could invoke, wait seconds, despawn. So that the summoned would disappear. And as long as he was alive, go on while protecting him.

the other, on the other hand, seems a "to avoid seeing" like you said.