Change Tile Size

Asatani

Question

Looking for advice on how to make my custom tileset work. The tiles are 16x16 and the editor will only select as low as 32x32. The obvious solution was to double the size of my tileset, but now everything is massive compared to the character. I'm going to be using custom sprites that are already designed to fit the tileset, so I guess I could just double their size as well, right? My only worry then would be everything appearing too close to the camera. Is it possible to change the default tile selection size in the editor?

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Beefy Kasplant said:

You can change the tilesize in the config. 

Not sure how well that works though

Oh! It was in the server config. I was looking in the client config. Thanks! I'll post back results once I've spent some time with it.

:Edit:

From the looks of it, the map sizes are shrunk considerably, which isn't a terrible issue, just means more maps. The one problem I've found is that base speed has become EXTREMELY slow and max speed feels normal. Is it possible to go beyond 255 speed or is that something I'm gonna have to wait on source for?

On 3/27/2020 at 11:15 AM, Asatani said:

Oh! It was in the server config. I was looking in the client config. Thanks! I'll post back results once I've spent some time with it.

:Edit:

From the looks of it, the map sizes are shrunk considerably, which isn't a terrible issue, just means more maps. The one problem I've found is that base speed has become EXTREMELY slow and max speed feels normal. Is it possible to go beyond 255 speed or is that something I'm gonna have to wait on source for?

You can change the number of tiles per map in the same config document. Just double it if you want the same size as a regular map. ;)

And idk for the speed :/