Event animation above tile

Silvershire

Question

Hi guys.

When one add an event, including graphic and animation, the animation seems to appear above the selected 'event tile' with the graphic on it.

Am I doing something wrong? I even made two animations, one lower layer, and one upper layer, however there was no difference!

Strange as an event without graphic, including animation does show on the selected 'event tile'.

Cheers.

6 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, Aesthetic said:

Change your animation to lower layer and then change your Event's layer to "Above Player"

Thanks for your reply!

Does it work on your side? I tried it and sadly it did not change a thing, besides that the character sprite is now actually below the graphic..

I've been fooling around myself for some time however I couldnt figure it out!

Let's clarify before diving into this further.

When you say above are you talking about render layer in 3d space or above as in the animation is shifted so on screen it is several pixels higher and doesn't line up with other animations?

Any chance of getting screenshots of what you mean, exactly?

31 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

Let's clarify before diving into this further.

When you say above are you talking about render layer in 3d space or above as in the animation is shifted so on screen it is several pixels higher and doesn't line up with other animations?

Any chance of getting screenshots of what you mean, exactly?

Yes, good point, lets sum it up:

• Chest graphic is 32x32 pixels
  • Graphic layer is below player
  • Animation is Upper layer / above target.

857bb83efdcdb839cf34b63537c727c1.png 5b72aead60f32816259efcc6c03eb932.png

As you can see the animation is not nicely centered ontop the event itself, but instead is leaning a bit down.

7 minutes ago, Darknesslighter said:

Yes, good point, lets sum it up:

• Chest graphic is 32x32 pixels
  • Graphic layer is below player
  • Animation is Upper layer / above target.

857bb83efdcdb839cf34b63537c727c1.png 5b72aead60f32816259efcc6c03eb932.png

As you can see the animation is not nicely centered ontop the event itself, but instead is leaning a bit down.

Looks like the animation height is also 32 pixels.. if you can confirm that then we do indeed have a bug here.  Will want to get this added to the bug tracker once I have it up and running.

2 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

Looks like the animation height is also 32 pixels.. if you can confirm that then we do indeed have a bug here.  Will want to get this added to the bug tracker once I have it up and running.

Yep, 256x32 the animation is below below:

f312cbc0e6a8bf32d50d76a2b521be39.png

1 hour ago, Darknesslighter said:

Hi guys.

When one add an event, including graphic and animation, the animation seems to appear above the selected 'event tile' with the graphic on it.

Am I doing something wrong? I even made two animations, one lower layer, and one upper layer, however there was no difference!

Strange as an event without graphic, including animation does show on the selected 'event tile'.

Cheers.

Change your animation to lower layer and then change your Event's layer to "Above Player"