Character won't attack

MrValenza

Question

5 answers to this question

3 hours ago, MrValenza said:

As title says.

Character won't attack.

The attack is higher than the NPC's defense.

For some reason, clicking the attack button continues to open and close the NPC info but doesn't actually damage the NPC.

What do you mean by "open and close the NPC info". Did you create a NPC or event? As it sounds like the inspector is opening up, but that is only for events...

1 hour ago, MrValenza said:

The NPC health/mana box show up on the left. Not the event box. Sorry for the vague description. Basically, my character won't attack any npcs. Even if I choose another character or log out and pick the same character, none can attack or be attacked. I am not sure what I did that broke the game.

Can you post your damage formulas, NPC setup, map properties and controls?

The NPC health/mana box show up on the left. Not the event box. Sorry for the vague description. Basically, my character won't attack any npcs. Even if I choose another character or log out and pick the same character, none can attack or be attacked. I am not sure what I did that broke the game.

Figured out one part of it. I can't attack bare-handed but can attack with a weapon. Is that normal?

edit: I shouldn't be doing anything but sleeping when my brain is fried. Found out the base class damage bare-handed was 0. Now, if only all problems were that easy to solve haha. Thank you everyone for your feedback and excuse my sleepiness.

Edited by MrValenza
correction