Graphics Which graphics should i use? [Tileset/sprites]

Szkat1234

Hello everyone!

I was wondering, which graphics should I use in my project, more realistic ones, eg. Celianna paid tilesets, or maybe a Time Fantasy tileset?

The problem is that with Celianna tileset, character sprites looks different(map tiles are more realistic, not so "pixeled" as characters, eg. Intersect char generator characters).

They(characters) also look different on Time Fantasy map tiles, but the difference seems to be almost uncatchable.

I tried to find some character sprites that fits Celianna tiles(even paid spritesheets), but after all I failed.

Want to hear your opinion about that, guys. Maybe a link to sprites that fits to Celianna's tiles.

It’s really all up to you and the graphic style you want for your game. As for Celianna’s tile sets and matching characters, well, the tiles are designed generally for RPG Maker so RPG Maker sprites match the tiles but the sprites are only useable in RPG Maker. 

If you're interested, I have sprites and tiles also available. You can click the link in my signature to my Itch page if you want to check them out. 

the tiles are designed generally for RPG Maker so RPG Maker sprites match the tiles but the sprites are only useable in RPG Maker.

RPG Maker XP, that is.

I recommend using any tileset as a placeholder, than make the decision later. At the best, you can make your own sprites, but it is hard to do so without proper art // pixel art knowledge.

On 8/27/2019 at 11:15 PM, Zetasis said:

It’s really all up to you and the graphic style you want for your game. As for Celianna’s tile sets and matching characters, well, the tiles are designed generally for RPG Maker so RPG Maker sprites match the tiles but the sprites are only useable in RPG Maker. 

If you're interested, I have sprites and tiles also available. You can click the link in my signature to my Itch page if you want to check them out. 

So, the question is : Will it be okay to use character sprites generated in intersect char generator, with Celianna tileset? 

On 8/28/2019 at 12:32 AM, Sapphire said:

RPG Maker XP, that is.

I recommend using any tileset as a placeholder, than make the decision later. At the best, you can make your own sprites, but it is hard to do so without proper art // pixel art knowledge.

I want to make maps from the beginning, not as placeholder. If i start editing, I'll bring it to the end :)

Any other suggestions? :/