A cluster of questions:

Aekion

Question

1. Is it possible to semi-convert this into a dungeon crawler esque mmo that is also a shmup (e.g. enemies shooting varied projectiles, character with many weapon types?)

2. Is it possible to add new equipment types? (Such as guns, energy shields, mines, etc)

3. Are there ways to further convert the projectile and skill/spell system to allow certain guns to have their own attacking patterns with varied projectiles specific to a weapon?

4. Are procedurally generated loot/weapons/armor with special prefixes and randomized stats based on loot quality possible?

And finally, are procedurally generated dungeon maps possible? (E.G once you clear a room more are generated from templates)

Sorry if this is a lot of questions but I want to know the limitations of thias engine for creating my idea.

3 answers to this question

1. Yes and no..? You can give an enemy more than one 'spell', though i doubt this is the feature you are looking for.

2. Yes.

3. I guess, yeah. You can connect an event/spell to a weapon.

4. Possible, yeah probably. Current feature? No

5. Don't know, i'll let one of the developers answer :p

5. No cuz you can't generate maps automatically, only create new ones. You could have it so it goes to a random map of a huge list of maps. I'd say if you want to create a dungeon crawler, though, you'd be better off using a different engine. I'm sure there are tons of dungeon crawler creator engines out there.

On 4/11/2019 at 12:12 AM, Aekion said:

1. Is it possible to semi-convert this into a dungeon crawler esque mmo that is also a shmup (e.g. enemies shooting varied projectiles, character with many weapon types?)

2. Is it possible to add new equipment types? (Such as guns, energy shields, mines, etc)

3. Are there ways to further convert the projectile and skill/spell system to allow certain guns to have their own attacking patterns with varied projectiles specific to a weapon?

4. Are procedurally generated loot/weapons/armor with special prefixes and randomized stats based on loot quality possible?

And finally, are procedurally generated dungeon maps possible? (E.G once you clear a room more are generated from templates)

Sorry if this is a lot of questions but I want to know the limitations of thias engine for creating my idea.

1. The projectiles are possible, as well as weapon types. Npcs can also stand still and shoot projectiles in specific directions.
2. Yes, all of this is dynamic.
3. Yes.
4 & 5. Not possible until source release.