OpenGL initialialization error!

snordin

Question

basicly im at a lost to what i need to do with this.
If been trying everything including using windows 8.1, 8 and 7 on a VM but nothing seems to work so i can run the client!
Im currently running a intel core i3 - 2370m, 16GB ram and intel hd grahpics 3xxx series build in gpu.
If been dying to try the engine out.

im running the latest drivers that are release for my gpu.

is there a fix for this?

Also sorry if this is in the wrong section!

8fe97ebe5d3892ecc399d9d2dd896bf0.png

8 answers to this question

Intel HD Graphics 2000 and 3000 do not have any official Windows 10 support.

While HD 3000 technically supports OpenGL 3.1 and meets our requirements there is no Windows 10 driver to make it work. 

Ref: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005526/graphics-drivers.html

You might have some success with the hack on this page, other members have, but it is rather sketchy. 

https://www.ascensiongamedev.com/topic/2165-faq-failed-to-create-graphics-device/

The issue here is that Intersect requires OpenGL 3. I encountered this issue before, since i run linux as my main OS on my laptop.

I know no virtualisation drivers that support Version 3 (only OpenGL 2).

However! This only concerns the client. The client will run fine with mono under linux (and likely also MacOS). The Editor can not be run with mono... but it runs in a VM, since it does not depend on OpenGL (it uses DirectX instead).

In conclusion:

- run the client and server with mono

- only use the VM if you want to use the editor

Edit: Is your host OS really Windows 10? In this case you dont need a VM at all...

No, antiviruses will not like that software, because it is meant to modifying drivers. 

The OpenGL exception is not within our code, with inside MonoGames (a framework we use). I can only tell you what has worked for others. Alternatively you could purchase a PCI graphics card and install it. Outside of that, I do not have any other solutions to offer.

Im running a laptop so trying a pcie gpu won't do the trick for me :p i ssaw multiple people had it in the past this issue but i tought id ask again mayby there is a more,legitmate fix by now but sadly not thanks for the help anyway!