adding resources

Zilver

Question

I'm rather new with adding custom things into folders and so on. So i've been looking around but not really been able to find anything.

How do I add resources (and here I mostly mean the attribute "resources" like if I want to add a tree sprite and a tree stump sprite when the tree is cut down.) How do I add the tree sprites into the game. 

Thanks I know it's an extreme beginner question but gotta start somewhere eh? Thanks in advance.

6 answers to this question

First thing you want to do is boot up the intersect editor and login to your server. Then navigate to the Game Editors menu item in the top left and select Resource Editor

caa9009b0da4c1e138817e0c5762657b.png

In the Resource Editor window that pops up, click the new file button located in the top left of the window

94526cdf96f1b74b32c555acd12eaf82.png

Then select the new resource in the tree view located on the left of the window

395fa60abe980c708ce3bc113054b0c5.png

The rest should be pretty self explanitory.

You will need to add an item that is a tool type for what you are trying to do, for example, a tree will prob be an axe.

The initial graphic is the tree, the exhausted would be the stump.

Play around with the duration, and hp settings to get it how you would like.

In order for the editor to load the resource sprites you will need to place them inside the client/resources/resources folder. 

Good luck!

Please read the last sentence of my last post.

32 minutes ago, defaultx said:

In order for the editor to load the resource sprites you will need to place them inside the client/resources/resources folder. 

if the editor is open when you put the sprite images into the resources folder you will need to restart the editor for it to load the files properly.