Help me toi choice my project

Aiden9

Hello, I’m news on Intersect Forum, I have already expect to create a game with a french engine called « FRoG Creator ».

Today i’m back but i can’t choose between two projects :

One based on Pokemon Dungeon Mystery

and another based on’ dragon ball z (Legacy of Goku & Buu’s fury)

and i ask you the question, which project can be better ?

Thanks youuu if u can help me

(sorry if my english is wrong, i’ m pure french)

Well.

Both are copyrighted material, so if your game gets successful it will most likely be taken down (if it gets the time to be succesful)

Both will use existing graphics which have been used in countless other games already.

Intersect engine without source is not really fitting for a mystery dungeon styled game. 

Seeing that you don´t know what to choose between making a DBZ or Pokemon game shows that these games will not have any unique approach or creative thought put into them. 

So at face value, both are bad choices because they will turn into generic clones of any of the other DBZ/Pokemon games.

BUT!!!!!!

Dont let this discourage you. I am making a DBZ game myself, so Im not going to tell you to not use someone else´s IP.

HOWEVER:

1. Try to find something that makes your game unique

2. Use your own graphics

3. Have a plan for a game other than: Pokemon game, or DBZ game. 

With that said. Just make a DBZ game, I love DBZ.

Thank yu it's very helpful, but i'm a very big big Dragon Ball Z fan and also a Pokemon Fan (Not like Dragon Ball Z).

To use my own graphics I should have the skills to do pixel edit, and i'm a fan of Legacy of Goku II and Buu's Fury, they are the first games I play on GameBoy Advance.

I know projects like Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon are not originals, but I think i can make them specially and a bit originals.

Let's speak about Pokemon DungonMystery, I was thinking that the Friend and Party systemare a good way for a Pokemon  DungonMystery game. With reflexion i think that Animation and Spell could do the work for the Pokemon Attacks. 

I'm verry happy that you argument, I think it will help me to choose and I will invest a lot of my time in the dev.

Nice how you handle this! 

Of course, custom graphics is not possible for everyone. Either a lack of skill or a lack of funds can hold you back.

In that case, you have to make sure your game offers something over the others. That could be in many shapes: Cool features, great community, awesome story, etc. etc.

And mystery dungeon style, it´s possible. Learn the event system well, that way you can create systems that would make the more than a generic RPG with Pokemon graphics. @Agoraphobic wrote an amazing guide on the event system and when I have more time I will start posting some tutorials for things you can make with the event system as well! 

Anyway, your response to criticism and mindset are at least a promising start!

Yeah, Like you said, I think the Intersect Event System can be very 

adapted and I think the time I adapt all sprites and all tileset and I create some story, the source will be here so i will try the Dungeon Mystery.

Thanks again for you help and your arguments.

On 6/13/2018 at 5:06 AM, Aiden9 said:

Yeah, Like you said, I think the Intersect Event System can be very 

adapted and I think the time I adapt all sprites and all tileset and I create some story, the source will be here so i will try the Dungeon Mystery.

Thanks again for you help and your arguments.

Here is some advice. If you are a true Dragonball and Pokemon lover pay homage to them by creating your own set of storylines and worlds, and just loosely base some of the things you make off of theirs. A lot of animes have used DB and Pokemon for inspiration and made their own unique product. If you love something, don't steal it, don't clone it.. Let it inspire you to create and bring beautiful new things into this world. Create something from your mind and imagination my friend. :)

I've seen a million clones of these games fail.. Yet I've never seen an unique idea fail, because when it comes to creativity and bettering yourself daily... Nobody can lose. :)