event

jarick254

Question

http://ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/0da00584ecb931cfaa69f43070ad879c.png

i have this set up to where if a race picks knight it removes them from gm area to knight area but if they are not knight it would tele them back to the gm area 

having to remake thier character this way people cant say oh well im knight actually be a warrior and go to the knight area

3 answers to this question

If you are just warping you don''t need any of the switches. Just warp them once they choose to be a knight, or don't warp them when they choose something else.

I would also look into using classes, so choosing knight is not just a changed sprite. 

Also look into the way to use switches, because a global switch in this case is always going to be wrong.

Okay, there are multiple ways to do this. This is the way I would personally use:

40a360c7dfdc2efcdb97a89b08d4afa4.png

1) The first page is running your character creation.

2) The second page only runs when your are done with Character Creation.

3) The third page is your safety switch because you will automatically teleport if you enter the map, if you have no class or an unspecified you won't teleport so you can edit.

*As Kasplant said, might be worth changing the player's class as you select one. If you do that, you can change out switches for class checks.

** This is just a template, as you can see you can add more, just follow the similar formula.