Rounds

xten123

Question

Ok so i am toying around with a new game idea but before i dive into it i was wondering if there is any way to make a round based game? By this i mean can the server/world reset each hour? pretty much clearing all characters items and progression?

4 answers to this question

You can create rounded-based games. However, there are some limitations:

- You must change rounds manually or through timers.

- You can't restart player's progression(you can change the player level's back to 1 but the stat changes won't dissapear, so every time a player levels up to lvl 2 he will get stronger & stronger

- You can restart player's items but you have to do this manually, so you have to create a loop for every single item on that event.

- You have to restart the server manually(or writing some kind of script in order to do this each hour). However, I don't really see the point of this. As a player, there are only a few things worse than getting disconnected from the game for me.

50 minutes ago, xten123 said:

Ok so i am toying around with a new game idea but before i dive into it i was wondering if there is any way to make a round based game? By this i mean can the server/world reset each hour? pretty much clearing all characters items and progression?

It's not built into the engine, but it might be possible, but very difficult to do and would also involve shutting the server down hourly.

21 minutes ago, panda said:

It's not built into the engine, but it might be possible, but very difficult to do and would also involve shutting the server down hourly.

OK thank you i will play around with it but if anyone has any further incite i would love to hear it.