Network Pipe and HW Requirement

GeoCry

Question

I’ve been debating on running my game on my personal server but wanted to know the HW and network pipe requirements based on usercount. Current setup is VMWare, 16gb ram, 8 core blade. However, my network pipe is limited. I was also asking what the pipe is for the paid hosting for intersect.

7 answers to this question

Jc,

Will most likely will use your service. As I have the equipment. My DSL in my rural location really limits me. Thank you all for your reply’s. My down is only 20 and up is 2. So no good for server and everyday use. 

41 minutes ago, GeoCry said:

Jc,

Will most likely will use your service. As I have the equipment. My DSL in my rural location really limits me. Thank you all for your reply’s. My down is only 20 and up is 2. So no good for server and everyday use. 

Still doin better than what I get at my house :)

1 hour ago, jcsnider said:

Still doin better than what I get at my house :)

Wait what? I thought you got decent speeds there. :/

1 hour ago, GeoCry said:

Jc,

Ah, it was a speed concern. Based on your wording I thought you were worried about a metered connection (like a 100GB data cap per month or something).

16 minutes ago, panda said:

Wait what? I thought you got decent speeds there. :/

Ah, it was a speed concern. Based on your wording I thought you were worried about a metered connection (like a 100GB data cap per month or something).

No metered does not bother me. I'm pretty sure the bandwidth pipe is throttled even with my 20 mb download.