Concept RPTCG Concept, in live action

Giligis

So recently I had, what I thought to be, a relatively interesting idea. It involves mixing the essentials of a trading card game, in an RPG. The idea is still very broad at the moment, but I'll go ahead and bullet idea's that what I've come with and that I think could probably be built upon further. 

• No classes, so users get a free-roam type of experience. Cards will play essential in all aspects of the game. Cards will be sold, dropped, given from quests, etc. The range of cards you have determines your armor, spells, even weapons. So if you'd like, you could use Plate cards, having healing cards, and using 2 daggers, you can! The way you make your "deck" is completely up to you.
  • Monsters occasionally drop their type of card. These cards can be turned in for various items, armors, spells, etc. Higher "boss" mob cards can be turned in for greater rewards. 
  • The battles would be live-action. So you play an animation of a card flipping, (card appears above casters head?) and the particular spell is used. I feel this would be the best for a great, fast-paced battle system while still using cards. 

That's all I could think of at this particular moment, feel like I had more ideas to put down so maybe they will come to me, but I'd like to know what you think, maybe give your own ideas, elaborate, and if you think a concept like this could be cool. I think it would be real fun to work on. 

Hai hai,

In my opinion, i feel this very rewarding (in terms of card amont as rewards) for each action your accomplished and also cards upgrades and builds your own level depending of your stuff. (more heals or more damage, some trickery cards, etc..) But there's also less strategy...

Yes, exactly. I think the rewarding factor is big too, you’re absolutely right about that.

I suppose, done right, it could include MORE strategy though, because it’s live action. I’d make most spells a projectile type mostly. 

Yes, essentially they would just replace them, however, you can upgrade your cards. Perhaps you find card fragments. (3 stone helm fragments = 1 stone helm card). I’m sure not everything will be a card but instead of your general run of the mill, here’s armor and weapons, you collect cards and since it’s free roam you can choose freely.