Meeting the requirements yet getting an error

RevMykl

Question

Hello all, brand new to the community, fairly new to 2d orpg creation. Just downloaded Beta 3.1 very excited to get started. Fired up the server, no problem. Fired up the Client... problem. Now before anyone asks, yes I did check the forums as well as possible, found only a handful of similar issues, and none of the fixes seem to help me, so here goes.

The Error is "This Platform is not supported. Intersect requires OpenGL 3.0 compatible drivers, or either ARB_framebuffer_object or EXT_framebuffer_object extensions. Upgrading your graphics driver may resolve this problem."

Here's the Thing, I meet all of the above mentioned requirements.

OpenGL 3.0 - I have 3.1

I have both framebuffer objects mentioned

Graphics:

Intel HD Graphics 2000

Adapter Ram 2108MB

OpenGL 3.1

DirectX Version 9.0c June 2010 10.1

System:

Windows 10 Pro

Intel Core i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz, Sandy Bridge, Family 6h

8 GB ram

x64 bit system

Not sure what else I can tell you, but I really would like to use this engine, so any advice on fixing this issue would be great.

Thanks in Advance

58df4032c3be4_screenforintersect01.png.4697ac36211ba4fca3bda3f6f29c30ce.png58df3fb5cd1fe_screenforintersect02.png.b7e063669d3ba9b65e428d6dc7bc6eaf.png58df3fc5762b1_screenforintersect03.png.6621a518672bd073f8ddfaa42d1c111b.png

6 answers to this question

On 4/1/2017 at 5:01 AM, jcsnider said:

This is an error MonoGame spits out at us so we spit it out at you.  I agree that your computer seems to meet the minimum requirements, but when trying to communicate with your graphics card there is a problem somewhere.

There are a lot of different possibilities here and solutions.

• It might be a problem with Intersect.
    • If so it is beyond us and you are out of luck. Everything is pointing to a problem within MonoGame though.
  • This is probably an issue with MonoGame.
    • If this is the case you better hope and pray that they fix it. It is not our job to manage their code for them, nor do we have better libraries to us. We will update to the latest MonoGame in Beta 4, wait for that and we'll know more.
  • Your computer might not actually meet the specs.
    • I know what the error says.. but it might require 1-2 extra functions that it's not mentioning that your machines do not support. In this case you are SOL and need to upgrade your machines or use different software.

No matter the problem the solution for all of the above is to wait and see what happens as we continue to make releases. Be patient as we are getting them out as quickly as we can. *Locked*

I generally get this error if I try to run the client through a remote desktop connection. Make sure you are at the physical pc and not remote controlling it. If you have weird display drivers (like Logmein installs) then that could cause this.

Outside of that I sadly don't have a ton of info. This is an error MonoGame spits out at us so we spit it out at you.  I agree that your computer seems to meet the minimum requirements, but when trying to communicate with your graphics card there is a problem somewhere.

On 4/1/2017 at 7:15 AM, Aesthetic said:
On 4/1/2017 at 10:01 AM, jcsnider said:

I generally get this error if I try to run the client through a remote desktop connection. Make sure you are at the physical pc and not remote controlling it. If you have weird display drivers (like Logmein installs) then that could cause this.

Outside of that I sadly don't have a ton of info. This is an error MonoGame spits out at us so we spit it out at you.  I agree that your computer seems to meet the minimum requirements, but when trying to communicate with your graphics card there is a problem somewhere. 

So right now there is no fix to this because i was going to start a project on this i try running client to register and it says the same thing when i have the requirements