Windows 10

Recoil

I don't normally take part in general discussion craps, let alone make them...Yesterday I did windows update and kept being prompted that GWX needs access through my firewall.  I had never heard of this before so I did a quick search and found this:

http://www.myce.com/news/windows-update-silently-installs-windows-10-downloader-75647/

M$FT can suck an egg!  VB.NET is the ONLY reason I am still even using Windows period.  And if I had the will I'd learn something else just to get out from underneath them all together.

I actually dislike windows 10... even 8... Also where the hell did 9 even go? They literally skipped it. I use windows 7 currently as its the most modern windows OS without that disgusting UI.

At first I couldn't stand windows 8, but after using it as my main OS at work so i could be ready if we ever had to switch it grew on me. I actually find it easier to get to some things without having to clutter my desktop with a bunch of shortcuts. I haven't tried the beta of Win10 yet, but i did activate the free upgrade to it. If the UI is the same as 8 I think it will be ok. I'm looking forward to giving 10 a shot.

• 1 year later...

I love 10. It runs everything very well. I have not had any issues with it. The ui is weird at first but once you get used to it and put it to good use it actually makes things very easy to get to.

I loved windows 7, it definitely was one of the best OS that microsoft put out, but 10 is right up there.

I have Asus k53sv

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M with 1GB DDR3 VRAM

2.5" SATA 640GB 5400rpm

Intel® Core™ i5 2430MM Processor

Could you tell me, it will be good if I would installed Windows 10?

35 minutes ago, Odis1987 said:

I have Asus k53sv

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M with 1GB DDR3 VRAM

2.5" SATA 640GB 5400rpm

Intel® Core™ i5 2430MM Processor

Could you tell me, it will be good if I would installed Windows 10?

Don't worry it will work, it works on my old mini laptop with 1gb of ram from 2009

Minimum specs

• Processor:

1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC
  • RAM:

1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit

• Hard disk space:

16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS
  • Graphics card:

DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
  • Display:

800x600
  • ^This is taken from microsoft

Windows 10... well it's windows, nothing  to say more. Alot of spy system, badly optimised, ugly UI, shitty firewall, shitty anti-virus, shitty web navigator, shitty unistaller system, alot of fault in the system so "protected". Exept that windows 10 is a good OS.

The best of Microsoft like everytime xD

24 minutes ago, Odis1987 said:

oh, it will be good) Are still there a free update to Windows 10?

It's free until July 29, so you better hurry my friend! :D

@Gibier I never had any problem with windows 10, 7 or XP, it's funny how you mention that it has shitty this and that, probably you don't even know anything about windows and just collected from the internet the negative comments and whatever fit to make you feel good.

Windows is alright, not perfect, though it is your opinion, no matter how much you know about windows, firewall and other things, and there is my opinion about your opinion.

Have a nice day! :-*

The firewall don't look the information who exit the computer so very usefull. The anti-virus, msconfig, unistallor are the first pragram to be affected by virus and other type of bug. Too they don't fix fault who was on xp, vista, 8, 8.1 and 10 and it's not a little fault. They prefer to do update for internet explorer and licence verificator. So no I don't take all the information on internet just them who happen frequently to any windows and user (even me)

The big news of windows 10 was the cross gaming system between pc and xbox one. But witch game use that? None or few. One of the one to try do that was lionhead with fable but microsoft closed the compagny. Nice move.

Plus microsoft releash the OS when the majority of the application was not compatible. Nice to play game without your graphic card driver and geforce application xD

Like I said, I never had any problem, and I have 13 laptops old and new ones, and 4 PCs, never had any problem, I mean from all of those, one should have had some problems like you mentioned you have, but they didn't.

So, I have no idea what are you talking about, you better be more careful what you download and what you allow to install, atm I'm using this laptop which is 2 years old, I have no antivirus, but from time to time I do download malwarebytes and check if there are any, and guess what, none detected.

Everything runs smoothly and nice, and I admit that I download a lot of games and torrents, how come I didn't get any viruses yet?

I have a friend who just bought a nice laptop and windows 10, in 2 days, she came back to me saying to fix her laptop, I scanned for viruses and I was like WTF gurl, she had over 5000 viruses, those were so nasty viruses that they always found a way to get back in, also she must have thought that the "Unistaller" was going to uninstall whatever she installed, but it was an installer and installed more viruses and more stuff and those with their own "uninstall" trick.

Windows has no fault that she got so many viruses and I had to wipe out everything, it's her fault for being such a noob.

It's like those scam websites, where they tell you that you can win cash fast, but you end up losing money.

It's not that internet sucks or those websites, it's those people who fall for it.

The only reason that Macs did not have as many viruses is because they are over priced, and not that many people used them. Now that is is fashionable to use macs, more and more viruses are being targeted to the mac, and they are getting infected more often.

If you get viruses you need to re-evaluate how you use and protect your machine.

Saying that more windows machines end up with viruses compared to Mac and Linus variants is likely true but does not account for how much more Windows is used in comparison. 

Regardless this isn't a debate board and there is nothing useful coming out of this topic so I am locking it. If you want to discuss Windows 10 I recommend http://tenforums.com