Scale Intersect Client/Editor for 4K display

Raku

Greetings to the Ascension Gamedev community! I made this guide for those that have trouble with DPI scaling on Intersect in 2K/4K displays, where the client/editor looks extremely small.

I did some research and found a solution, you can follow this guide step-by-step or download the files that I uploaded...

Here's an example of how the editor looks without the scaling:

5299a96448a2b266d282712549d23d5d.png

As you can see the tiles and the text look very small and some don't like it this way. If you want to fix this then follow the instructions provided.

1. Create a blank text file using Notepad or other text editor and add the following parameters.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> 
<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0"> 
  <application xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3"> 
    <windowsSettings> 
      <dpiAware xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings">False</dpiAware> 
    </windowsSettings> 
  </application> 
</assembly>

2. Save the text file as "Intersect Editor.exe.manifest" (Remove the " ")

3. Save it again as "Intersect Client.exe.manifest" (Remove the " ")

4. Now you should have two .manifest files for the client and the editor, which you will have to move to the Intersect folder where your client and editor .exe are located.

f99725e7ce399400699637e15a2520ff.png

5. We aren't done yet, the last thing you will have to do is open the Registry Editor (Regedit.exe) and head over to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > SideBySide.

a9ed721ffa405736d729b82ab46e9da1.png

(Once you are in the SideBySide folder you should see files like these)

6. Now you will have to create a DWORD (32 bit) Value called "PreferExternalManifest" (Without the " "). In order to do this just Right-click, select NEW > DWORD (32 bit) Value. Give it a name: PreferExternalManifest, and then press           ENTER.

7. Right-click PreferExternalManifest, and then click Modify. Enter Value Data 1. Click OK. Exit Registry Editor.

8. Open Intersect Client/Editor and now it should be scaled to 1080p, if not restart your machine or check that you've done everything correctly.

ec74c28a5082eaa03ce6fa1aef015659.png

Here are all the files that you will need in case you did something wrong or you don't feel like doing the tutorial.

http://www.ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/13c686c7b3aae03cad498b0deca50dfb.rar

If you have any questions or need help feel free to post them here ;D

I'll look into getting higher resolution support into Intersect this afternoon, but likely if it requires me hooking up my computer to my TV (my only display above 1080p) it'll have to wait until I get an HDMI cord long enough for that.

• 5 months later...