Running Server and Client on Linux

Erebus

In order to get the server and client running on linux I had to do the following:

1. Make sure mono is installer.

2. Download Intersect Engine Beta 3.1.zip and extract it.

3. Copy the dll files from "Server/libs/server/x64" into "Server/libs/server"

Make sure to copy the correct files for your system.

4. Copy the hole x86 folder from "Client and Editor/libs/client" to the "Client and Editor" folder

I have not been able to get the editor to run, but one thing that needs to be done for it to run is to edit "Intersect Editor.exe.config" and change <probing privatePath="libs\editor;"/> to <probing privatePath="libs/editor;"/>

Good job on getting the server to run those are the correct steps (or the steps I've been taking)

Unfortunately the Editor uses DirectX and a ton of Win32 API calls for the cool editor docking windows. There is no chance that it will ever run on Linux without some major reworking from the ground up. The client should work though.

1 hour ago, jcsnider said:

Good job on getting the server to run those are the correct steps (or the steps I've been taking)

Unfortunately the Editor uses DirectX and a ton of Win32 API calls for the cool editor docking windows. There is no chance that it will ever run on Linux without some major reworking from the ground up. The client should work though.

Hey jc, any chance I can get some assistance getting this to run on my Linux server?