client client wont open

k3atin

Question

hi, only just found this forum and intersect, im trying to make an account and to do this the program says to open the client and create it there, but when i attempt to open intersectclient.exe i get an error that reads:

This platform is not supported. Intersect requires OpenGL 3.0 Compatible drivers, oe either ARB_framebuffer.object or EXT_framebuffer.object extensions.

Upgrading your graphics drivers may resolve this problem.

the problem is that as far as i can tell i have the latest graphics drivers, i only have some crappy intel intergrated graphics so was wondering if there is anything i can do or if i will not be able to use this without buying a new toaster.

-K3atin

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, PhenomenalDev said:

Make sure your drives are all up to date using intel's driver detect tool then if that doesn't work post your dxdiag.

Since you already said you had the latest drivers, post your computer specs (or if you have it, dxdiag -- you can use Google to find out more about dxdiag).

Edit: Since you mentioned Intel HD graphics I looked up the corresponding OpenGL versions -- if you are using a Celeron, Pentium or Core processor (Clarkdale/Arrandale/Nehalem) -- specifically anything prior to Sandy Bridge which was released in 2011, you are using the original Intel HD graphics, as opposed to Intel HD Graphics 2000, 2500, 3000, etc. which maps to OpenGL 2.1. If this is the case, yes, a new toaster is needed. If this is not the case and you are running Intel HD Graphics 2000 or above, what operating system are you running? I'm also a tad surprised you do not also have a dedicated GPU in your computer.