Concept Single Global Items

Lunam

So Im thinking about having global items:

Items/weapons/armor/etc that is unique and global, meaning there are single instances of them on the entire server.

E.g: God Sword - the most powerful sword in the game, and only a SINGLE character can possess it at one time in the server.

You could balance this by allowing a player to only have it for a specified amount of time, or 100% drop chance on death so if you happen to kill the player, you are now the owner.

And if the player logs out with the sword, they have a certain amount of time before the sword dissapears from their inventory/bank.

Is this unbalanced? Are there fundamental flaws with this im not seeing?

What are your thoughts?

It wouldnt be huge. Itd be relatively easy, just have a global event that gives the first player the item then lock the event behind a boolean. Its more or less the balance im worried about. These items will be immensly powerful, otherwise there wouldnt be a need to try and get it

Edit: The log out system wouldnt be hard either i dont think. Could be done using time variables

7 hours ago, Lunam said:

It wouldnt be huge. Itd be relatively easy, just have a global event that gives the first player the item then lock the event behind a boolean. Its more or less the balance im worried about. These items will be immensly powerful, otherwise there wouldnt be a need to try and get it

Edit: The log out system wouldnt be hard either i dont think. Could be done using time variables

You also need to made the death event with the pvp side of the system with a player ID. Would need a login event with a huge autorun for the log out system but I haven't play with intersect for 1-2 years so I could be wrong.