Gender specific Equipement.

WereAlpaca

Question

Hey there! I understand that gender specific equipment will be coming at some point, I'm just curious as to what method you'll be using.
Will there be two paperdoll options for equipment? Or will you limit equipment by gender? Perhaps both to allow users to have unisex and single gender items?

EX: I have a Murr set of armour for both Male and Female only the Hat can be worn by both genders, for the shirt will I have the option to set Murr Shirt (F) paperdoll then Murr Shirt (M) paperdoll for the Murr Shirt item, or will I have one Female Murr Shirt item then a separate Male Murr Shirt item? Appreciate everything, cheers!

Edit: The reason I'm asking instead of waiting is so I can start getting my Items set up in the editor :)

4 answers to this question

So by default any gender can use an item/equipment. Then I will add a male/female dropdown to restrict an items use to only male/female.  <- That is feature 1

I will then modify the paperdoll selection so you must set a paperdoll for males and females. Therefore they can be the same or they can be different.

Most probably it will have a checkbox M and F, blank means it's equipable by both, or 3 checkboxes M, F and Both

Tho, the paperdoll thingie idea, it's great too, hmm maybe easier, instead creating 2 separate equipments, u create one and if equipped by a male player it uses the male paperdoll.

Hmmmmm interesting

20 minutes ago, Dr.House said:

Most probably it will have a checkbox M and F, blank means it's equipable by both, or 3 checkboxes M, F and Both

Tho, the paperdoll thingie idea, it's great too, hmm maybe easier, instead creating 2 separate equipments, u create one and if equipped by a male player it uses the male paperdoll.

Hmmmmm interesting

Ya! I feel like it would really help make the gameplay smoother. Like in RS where if you put on a chestplate, it adjusts to the male and female bodies.

7 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

So by default any gender can use an item/equipment. Then I will add a male/female dropdown to restrict an items use to only male/female.  <- That is feature 1

I will then modify the paperdoll selection so you must set a paperdoll for males and females. Therefore they can be the same or they can be different.

Beautiful! Thank you good Sir :P I can officially add all my items now! Cheers