intersect client programming course?

nvh

Question

It would be nice if there was a detailed tutorial on how to code intersect engine.
I have designed stable Server and Editor, but I don't know how to create new features like.

- tab helps drag and drop items into the box to updgrade or crushed into raw material of the system randomly picks up The same item (if you have > 2 item same)

- I want to learn how to design labels, windows, buttons...

thank u

2 answers to this question

On 9/20/2021 at 8:49 PM, nvh said:

It would be nice if there was a detailed tutorial on how to code intersect engine.
I have designed stable Server and Editor, but I don't know how to create new features like.

- tab helps drag and drop items into the box to updgrade or crushed into raw material of the system randomly picks up The same item (if you have > 2 item same)

- I want to learn how to design labels, windows, buttons...

thank u

I think that we wont have a tutorial of how to code at Intersect at all. xD

Probably the developers are planning to update the developer guide on docs until 1.0 (i hope), thats the best i can expect to fit your need, since Intersect elements will be described so you can create features using you programming knowledge. But i dont expect an Intersect programming course.

If developers does'nt update the dev docs, maybe we should do it.

Quick tips about your features:

- Look for the Swap items function at Player.cs in Intersect.Server, there you can create a logic to merge and crush items.

- UI designs must be done at Layout Json files by default. That derives by the LoadJsonUI function, also it saves automatically any layout modification in-game. Try to use smaller layout references to make your own windows such like EntityBox.cs or FriendsWindow.cs

The documentation has a bunch of stuff missing, it has gave me pause in using this game maker because iv seen forum threads asking questions like "what's the zone type do?" and people reply with the answer, but if you go to the documentation it has a paragraph that does not help you, along with a few other places with unhelpful information, not to mention the big chunks of empty "place holder", but the people helping others on the forum have no access to updating the doc? or no one wants to?

I ended up in the forums because im not sure how out of date the documentation is, or if it was given up on.