Player Variable Trigger ?

Beast Boyz

Question

Hello, i'm trying to rework my class system since the having a lot of autorun event is not a good solution for serv performance lol.

Do we agree that the player variable trigger work whenever it get changed ? (True/False or change in the integer/string ?)

Also, i have trouble dealing with it, i've been doing some test and nothing work.

Here's an exemple : 

Imagine one of my player who have two spell, "Spirit Shapeshift" and "Dog Shapeshift", let's say the player is in Spirit form normally, when he use the spell "Dog Shapeshift" it launch a common event and in this common event there is a variable "Spirit Shape" that goes off and a "Dog Shape" variable that goes on.

Also when the player use the spell "Spirit Shapeshift" the variable goes on,  and the "Dog Shape" variable goes off.

Depending on this i would want to create another common event with "spirit shape" as player variable trigger and this event will strip the player of his dog spell (Using a conditionnal If dog shape is off ).

To verify my theory, i've created a common event with the player variable "spirit shape" as a trigger and just made it say a test chatbox phrase like "This is a test". But when i use the spells that change the spirit shape variable, nothing ever happen.

Am i doing something wrong or i'm using the player variable trigger in a wrong way ? Help Please ^^

1 answer to this question

51 minutes ago, Beast Boyz said:

Hello, i'm trying to rework my class system since the having a lot of autorun event is not a good solution for serv performance lol.

Do we agree that the player variable trigger work whenever it get changed ? (True/False or change in the integer/string ?)

Also, i have trouble dealing with it, i've been doing some test and nothing work.

Here's an exemple : 

Imagine one of my player who have two spell, "Spirit Shapeshift" and "Dog Shapeshift", let's say the player is in Spirit form normally, when he use the spell "Dog Shapeshift" it launch a common event and in this common event there is a variable "Spirit Shape" that goes off and a "Dog Shape" variable that goes on.

Also when the player use the spell "Spirit Shapeshift" the variable goes on,  and the "Dog Shape" variable goes off.

Depending on this i would want to create another common event with "spirit shape" as player variable trigger and this event will strip the player of his dog spell (Using a conditionnal If dog shape is off ).

To verify my theory, i've created a common event with the player variable "spirit shape" as a trigger and just made it say a test chatbox phrase like "This is a test". But when i use the spells that change the spirit shape variable, nothing ever happen.

Am i doing something wrong or i'm using the player variable trigger in a wrong way ? Help Please ^^

I just played back your steps, and it's true, events that should activate when variable changes, don't activate when variable is boolean, only activate when variable is int or string
I suggest for now change your variable to int and use the good old 1 and 0