Lots of Questions, RNG Stats, ETc.

Dylan_mtg

Question

Hello! 

Brand new here trying to find the limits of the intersect engine before I have to start hard coding.

Can I have RNG stats on gear like Diablo 2-3? 

Can I adjust what the base stats affect? Turn Speed into Dex and have it affect Dodge or in general have speed affect dodge%? 

I want to create a tower that has 100 Floors, Is that possible? 

I probably have some more questions but these are good enough for now to help me get my ideas going. I plan on hiring a Dev to help me with Class Creations so I'll be posting that soon. I have the full idea for my game in my head I just want to get some of the ground work figured out so I don't have an idea that's not possible etc. 

Thanks! 

6 answers to this question

Hello !

More or less, you can. There is a "Stats bonus range"  which will give more or less stats to the item. For an exemple if you have a item that give let's say :

Attack : 10

Defense : 10

And if you put 10 to the stats bonus range, the stats will range like this :

Attack : 0 - 20

Defense : 0 - 20

So it's more or less like diablo, but except that you cannot put stats specific bonus range (It apply to all)

Speed actually affect two things : attack speed and movement speed, also the formula of movement speed is... special. YOu have better time to add a new stats instead of changing speed i think, still you can change names using the server strings.

Otherwise you will have to do source change for dodge since it's not implemented in the basic engine

You can even create a tower of 1000 if you want, it's just a matter of how you make your maps and teleportation between those floors.

If you need more help concerning game design or mechanics i can give you more advices :-)

1 hour ago, Dylan_mtg said:

Can I have RNG stats on gear like Diablo 2-3? 

To some degree there's basic support for this yes. You can set a range to roll all stats within from the values you've set. 

Can I adjust what the base stats affect? Turn Speed into Dex and have it affect Dodge or in general have speed affect dodge%?

More or less through the included formulae. However to add something like a proper dodge chance you'll have to add that yourself.

I want to create a tower that has 100 Floors, Is that possible? 

I don't see why not? It's just maps after all.

1 minute ago, Cheshire said:

To some degree there's basic support for this yes. You can set a range to roll all stats within from the values you've set. 

More or less through the included formulae. However to add something like a proper dodge chance you'll have to add that yourself.

I don't see why not? It's just maps after all.

Thanks! 

I'll definitely be looking for some Devs soon then.

Thanks!  

7 minutes ago, Beast Boyz said:

Hello !

More or less, you can. There is a "Stats bonus range"  which will give more or less stats to the item. For an exemple if you have a item that give let's say :

Attack : 10

Defense : 10

And if you put 10 to the stats bonus range, the stats will range like this :

Attack : 0 - 20

Defense : 0 - 20

So it's more or less like diablo, but except that you cannot put stats specific bonus range (It apply to all)

Speed actually affect two things : attack speed and movement speed, also the formula of movement speed is... special. YOu have better time to add a new stats instead of changing speed i think, still you can change names using the server strings.

Otherwise you will have to do source change for dodge since it's not implemented in the basic engine

You can even create a tower of 1000 if you want, it's just a matter of how you make your maps and teleportation between those floors.

If you need more help concerning game design or mechanics i can give you more advices :-)

Okay, The other question I had is can we make let's say 100 different maps and when you portal in have the map be random and the mobs be random? 

I'm probably reaching but hey, it's my goal haha.

Let's say when you are teleporting you are launching a dice (Set up a var with a random result) from 1 to "the number of map".

Then depending of the result the player is teleported to one of these map.

It's not a "generated" random like diablo but you can still do some randomisation.

Otherwise you will have to do some source change to do it correctly i think.

9 minutes ago, Beast Boyz said:

Let's say when you are teleporting you are launching a dice (Set up a var with a random result) from 1 to "the number of map".

Then depending of the result the player is teleported to one of these map.

It's not a "generated" random like diablo but you can still do some randomisation.

Otherwise you will have to do some source change to do it correctly i think.

Well this is getting. Lots of work ahead. But I'm also willing to invest into my project.  Thanks again for the answers!