How to make an item that randomize self icon when looted??

staz

Question

i have to create an item that can have different forms (a fruit) and same effect, i could just create alot of itens and put same event on it but i wanna make the things easier to manage then i try create a single item and randomize the icon when its created on the game, same drop sometime is an apple another time is banana blabla, anyone have some idea how to do it?  by the way i'm porting my byond one piece game to this engine and this answer will help-me to finish devil fruits system :)

4 answers to this question

yeah i lose some hours trying do it and no sucess :s, i was trying not to do copys os same items just to randomize the icon but i think is the faster way to proced, ty man! i keep thinking it would be a great adition to engine :) maybe some day i try to create it by hard code or some thing like this, its the first engine i see potencial since byond... right now i am like a child when gets a new toy :X

Hello !

If your items are the exact same, you can "blend" them together by having a icon with multiple fruits on it and call it generally "Fruits"

This way it doesn't matter which kind of fruits dropped.

Also depending on your needs there may be other solutions.