Problem with player wrap

Yuri

Question

I faced the following problem:

If you Hold and Hide a player on one map and use the "Wrap" command, then on another map you cannot "Release" the player and make him visible again.

I tried doing this through a common event and through various checks, but I couldn't get the desired result. The player remains either completely hidden and immobilized, or only hidden.

Can't figure this out a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

There is another situation that also disappoints me. When I move a player to a square with an event that has a "Collide with a player" trigger, this event is not triggered. Can you tell me if there is an opportunity to come up with something in this case?

2 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, Yuri said:

I faced the following problem:

If you Hold and Hide a player on one map and use the "Wrap" command, then on another map you cannot "Release" the player and make him visible again.

I tried doing this through a common event and through various checks, but I couldn't get the desired result. The player remains either completely hidden and immobilized, or only hidden.

Can't figure this out a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

It works as intended. When you leave the map, the previous map events stop running(since you are not there anymore). Also, common events won't affect player's mobility.

The best way to handle that is setting any kind of variable before warping the player and place a new event in the new map. That event will check that variable's value and if it is the desirable one, then it autoruns and continues the previous event flow.

About the second issue, please create a new topic.

6 minutes ago, Khaikaa said:

It works as intended. When you leave the map, the previous map events stop running(since you are not there anymore). Also, common events won't affect player's mobility.

The best way to handle that is setting any kind of variable before warping the player and place a new event in the new map. That event will check that variable's value and if it is the desirable one, then it autoruns and continues the previous event flow.

About the second issue, please create a new topic.

As for the variables, I did the check in different ways, but nothing came of it. But I'll try again. Thanks for the clarification!