is this a bug or is it intentional?

Hatsuya

Question

12 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, Hatsuya said:

986a0638f8ba7c62208fd7be61bd1210.png

This is my sprite, all surroundings of him have 32 pixels.

7c8287708e6f251b0890f2ab9d2ded0b.png
51b6c0ab48cfc91d055d530ab7e4aeea.png

Side blocks works perfectly, only the blocks under it go through, even though the entire sprite is 32 pixels around it, so this is why i think this is a bug.

Lower your sprite to the bottom so there is not 32 pixels below him, that should fix it. Maybe a space of 2-3 pixels to allow for robe sprites or anything that goes lower than the feet.

Edit: It works horizontally because it calculated 8 pixel out from the center line, while it calculates from the bottom of the sprite vertically. Hope this explains why it works sideways and not vertically.

You'd have to trim the transparency off the bottom of the sprites, it creates an offset and renders the entire sprite frame. The height difference from the sprites feet to the end of frame would be rendered as well which makes it look like the player is standing on blocked tiles.

The events can be ran by using the option (player collide). Setting the event to 'passable' will allow the player to walk onto a tile to trigger the event.

But the Map Block attribute will overpower the event options, so don't use the block attribute on events.

If you want to block an event, you would have to use a 2 page event and a variable to determine if a player should pass or not (triggered by variable).

That's because your actual character sprite height is offset.

If you look at your sprite sheet, if there's a wide amount of transparency between the sprites feet and the end of image, it renders that transparency as space as well.

2e42b3381e8440a2bdfdbd17bd33029e.png

So you would have to trim the transparency off the actual sprite sheet for your character to look aligned correctly.

17 minutes ago, Richy said:

You'd have to trim the transparency off the bottom of the sprites, it creates an offset and renders the entire sprite frame. The height difference from the sprites feet to the end of frame would be rendered as well which makes it look like the player is standing on blocked tiles.

But there is no transparency, it looks like an Attributes bug, because even the events I can only interact 1 block above where I put the event, there is anyway to solve this bug ?

8 minutes ago, Richy said:

The events can be ran by using the option (player collide). Setting the event to 'passable' will allow the player to walk onto a tile to trigger the event.

But the Map Block attribute will overpower the event options, so don't use the block attribute on events.

If you want to block an event, you would have to use a 2 page event and a variable to determine if a player should pass or not (triggered by variable).

You didn't understand, I'll send a print for you to understand better

909a096f7963bec99bb9df2c8dc2c5c4.png

This is where i placed the event

7c748a68cc36ecfc98ace9fc86578921.png

This is where i can interact with the event

All things seem to be 1 block above where I put. Events, Blocks, etc

This is normal or it's a bug ? if it's a bug there is anyway to solve it ? 

Just now, Richy said:

That's because your actual character sprite height is offset.

If you look at your sprite sheet, if there's a wide amount of transparency between the sprites feet and the end of image, it renders that transparency as space as well.

2e42b3381e8440a2bdfdbd17bd33029e.png

But if i cut this transparency i will cannot make elabored paperdolls like big wings, or there is anyway to make paperdolls do not cut each other ? 

986a0638f8ba7c62208fd7be61bd1210.png

This is my sprite, all surroundings of him have 32 pixels.

7c8287708e6f251b0890f2ab9d2ded0b.png
51b6c0ab48cfc91d055d530ab7e4aeea.png

Side blocks works perfectly, only the blocks under it go through, even though the entire sprite is 32 pixels around it, so this is why i think this is a bug.