im in trouble with my client

Kamus

Question

i have a issue

My client isn't working, i can login with my user and pass, select my character, but when i'll start on the map the client closes so fast

The logs show me the next lanes

Spoiler

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020-10-08 19:32:15.131 [Error] 
Nombre del parámetro: path3
    Stack:    en System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2, String path3)
   en Intersect.Client.MonoGame.File_Management.MonoContentManager.LoadTilesets(String[] tilesetnames)
   en Intersect.Client.Core.Main.ProcessLoading()
   en Intersect.Client.Core.Main.Update()
   en Intersect.Client.MonoGame.IntersectGame.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
   en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop()
   en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody here can say me whats wrong with that?

7 answers to this question

As I said it should work and I'll try and see if I can fix it tomorrow. But the benefits of the current system are relatively minor aside from certain edge cases where it can improve performance a fair bit. In fact I dare say most people using it mostly hit it by accident.

And on the subject of beta 6.2, please be aware of a standing issue with some of the new anti speedhacking code. If you encounter any issues with that make sure to look over here: https://github.com/AscensionGameDev/Intersect-Engine/issues/353

Oh, the error appears when you use your Pack folder (Without elements on the other graphic folders)
Maybe a engine issue?

(Some patchs before the shared clients works well without elements on graphic folders [Just with Pack compresed folder])

IDK

3 minutes ago, Joyce said:

Which version is this on?

Version: 0.6.2.443

3 minutes ago, Joyce said:

And unless you have a really good reason to do so I would highly suggest not using the texture packing system for the time being.

Damn hahahahahaha :4_joy:

Its broken atm? or the devs changed anything on that (?

1 minute ago, Kamus said:

Version: 0.6.2.443

Damn hahahahahaha :4_joy:

Its broken atm? or the devs changed anything on that (?

I'm not sure about broken, but it seems so.

Will have to look into finding out why it's broken tomorrow.

And the system is getting overhauled in a way that's not backwards compatible in Beta 7. (To package up and encrypt assets) So the current system in Beta 6.2 is there, it should work in theory. But it's not supported long term.

So you're free to use it. Just may need to completely replace it when the time comes.

oh yisus...now i see

the system of package of textures are broken now and im on b6.2 hahahaha
so i'll wait the B7 for the new package up and encrypt system

Thanks Joyce~
i'll share the complete client xD

2 minutes ago, Joyce said:

And on the subject of beta 6.2, please be aware of a standing issue with some of the new anti speedhacking code. If you encounter any issues with that make sure to look over here: https://github.com/AscensionGameDev/Intersect-Engine/issues/353

Yes i have, some lag spykes with 0 ping to xD
Thanks for that ♥