features from xtremeworlds?

navjack27

Question

well, i screwed with that mmo maker just a tiny bit... there were some in-game editing things if i remember, i might be wrong tho... i really liked that... is that going to be in this? 

also, quests, when and how? right now i'm just doing a simple little game, everything is made on the fly just for testing, so there isn't a plot or anything lol. 

each class spawns in their own starting area and in that area is the class trainer who will take you "on-rails" to level up to i guess like 10 or something and along the way the quests you do will award you skills and items. simple! then when that is done, each separate class trainer will have a dialogue option OR there will be a transportation system (like a flight operator or something from tera) that takes you to the main hub city.

i see quests but its gray'd out, but if i could do this with the shops or something... iiiiiiii gotta go to bed its 730am lol.

3 answers to this question

I've personally never used XtremeWorlds. Correct me if I'm wrong but it was always closed source? Complete turn off for me. In order to give you a Yay or Nay on any specific feature or system you will have to describe it to me.

Quests will become available sometime during beta. Currently the roadmap is looking something like

1. Finish installing New UI

2. Finish Combat

3. Polish Administration Features

4. Debug

--- Enter Beta ----

5. Add trading

6. Add Quests

7. Debug

--- Enter Release---

39 minutes ago, navjack27 said:

well, i screwed with that mmo maker just a tiny bit... there were some in-game editing things if i remember, i might be wrong tho... i really liked that... is that going to be in this? 

also, quests, when and how? right now i'm just doing a simple little game, everything is made on the fly just for testing, so there isn't a plot or anything lol. 

each class spawns in their own starting area and in that area is the class trainer who will take you "on-rails" to level up to i guess like 10 or something and along the way the quests you do will award you skills and items. simple! then when that is done, each separate class trainer will have a dialogue option OR there will be a transportation system (like a flight operator or something from tera) that takes you to the main hub city.

i see quests but its gray'd out, but if i could do this with the shops or something... iiiiiiii gotta go to bed its 730am lol.

Ahh the days of xtremeworlds and ee2.7. This engine will be a bomb in terms of features and stability + open source, which xtremeworlds never really had.

19 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

I've personally never used XtremeWorlds. Correct me if I'm wrong but it was always closed source? Complete turn off for me. In order to give you a Yay or Nay on any specific feature or system you will have to describe it to me.

Quests will become available sometime during beta. Currently the roadmap is looking something like

1. Finish installing New UI

2. Finish Combat

3. Polish Administration Features

4. Debug

--- Enter Beta ----

5. Add trading

6. Add Quests

7. Debug

--- Enter Release---

I'd say don't go too overboard on the UI, considering most people (if not everybody) will design their own UI to fit their game.

I had an excellent understanding of all features related to XW...Infact, still use it from time to time to this day just to relive the good ol' days... I've been looking to get into something with more coding possibilities, but believe me, even for a closed source engine I have found so many work arounds using the basic sadscripting methods that were allowed within the script editor... Some things no one you could actually pull off with them.

I just hope that learning to code using this when the coding is available doesn't kill me to try and learn. I'm usually not too bad at learning, but let's be honest, XW's scripts were easy to figure out, at least the basics...