How to break away from the invisible border.

Eridonis

Question

The gray represents the border limit of where I can place buttons. It may look fine on 800 x 600. However:

4708a3561e4e5bf3f5b0aa4438d2b517.png

Expanding it to 1366 x 768 buttons will only restrict itself to it's parent. If I try to expand the gray area, the Settings will get lost in the void. 

aa51bc44f841db34063a7db121d3bfa0.png

I need to set it so that the buttons are it's own function and not part of MenuWindow.json. Otherwise I will just have buttons floating around. That or I add a graphic in the center and call it a day. If anyone has any input or ideas on how to get this working it would be mostly appreciated. 

- Changes made,  in MenuWindow.json
Line 1: {
Line 2:   "Bounds": "283,174,800,500", (This is the size of that gray area)

- Replaced the Main menu (Will be either graphic or transparent.)
- Login Button replaced and resized.
- Register Button replaced and resized.
- Settings Button replaced and resized.

4 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, Eridonis said:

I can do it, however how do you maintain it with all resolutions? 

I already know how to do transparency, The issue with swapping from lower resolutions to higher resolutions., the buttons get misplaced.

1920x1080? will that place everything in the proper area? If anything plop some answers here on what I should do, or DM it. I'm sure others would love to know this also.

What i meant by transparency is if you plan to use a menu container, that you create 1920x1080 image with your actual menu container graphic in the center surrounded by transparent bg. If you're planning to use just a transparent bg and have your buttons arranged in a certain way, there is no way to change the fact that higher resolutions will push the buttons toward the center, the buttons are drawn to the x,y position of the parent graphic's bounds, so if you have your screen suddenly become 2x the size, the buttons will move to the new appropriate x,y. 

The buttons inside of MenuWindow.json are children, and they are restricted to their parent. All you have to do if you want buttons to be anywhere is simply change the 800,500 to 1920x1080, and add the transparency manually in photoshop or whatever tools you have access to, I can confirm this works well as its the same method we use in Leafling. If you want some help getting the image for your menu container set up right DM me and i can help you out.

Just now, Aesthetic said:

The buttons inside of MenuWindow.json are children, and they are restricted to their parent. All you have to do if you want buttons to be anywhere is simply change the 800,500 to 1920x1080, and add the transparency manually in photoshop or whatever tools you have access to, I can confirm this works well as its the same method we use in Leafling. If you want some help getting the image for your menu container set up right DM me and i can help you out.

I can do it, however how do you maintain it with all resolutions? 

I already know how to do transparency, The issue with swapping from lower resolutions to higher resolutions., the buttons get misplaced.

1920x1080? will that place everything in the proper area? If anything plop some answers here on what I should do, or DM it. I'm sure others would love to know this also.