Transfer Files to a Source Build?

Scaly

Question

Is this possible and if it is what files exactly will I need to transfer?

When I first downloaded and tried intersect I did not download the source but I have been working out of it since and have been patching it to the latest release. At some point I am going to have a build ready and I will need to change some things via the source such as the game icon and what not. In order to do this I will have to build it via the source as far as I am aware. I do not want to lose the progress I've made on my game so far and would like to transfer the files necessary to keep all of the stuff I've created thus far. Can someone please give me a list of files (could even be recursive directories) that will achieve what I will try to do?

Side question: I believe I can run multiple servers on one machine, is there a way to transfer characters from one server to another? (think Diablo II transferring Ladder characters to Non-Ladder realms)

For this one I believe there will be issues with duplicate names so I'm assuming it may have to be a source modification to be able to do this? Something along the lines of checking both databases for names to prevent duplicates? I guess the hard part would be merging one database with another..

2 answers to this question

I believe you'd be good to go if you transfer the resource folders for the client and server over.

Note that visual studio doesn't put the editor and client in the same folder so you may need to copy the client resources to both the editor and client.

Alternatively, you could build the source and move the new executables to your games folders.