Question about Critcal Hit (" Intersect Engine")

Doug

Question

I wanna add a Sound Effect to Critical, and I would like to type a Different name for it.

Can someone show me what to code, and how to add? This should be server-side since its a Live Sound to Everyone on the map.

5 answers to this question

Unfortunately, that just defines the string and is unrelated to the actual combat logic you're going to need to edit.

Personally, I'd use animations for this. Much more flexible, everyone can hear it, the sound fades out nicely for people further away and you can even add an extra animation to it.

Then maybe make it server configurable and have a list of crit animations the server can choose from so players don't constantly hear the same sound. Or maybe have different ones for magic, projectile, melee and unarmed hits.

@joyce

How can I select the animation for Critical when it pops up that you hit a Crit?

Edit: I setup my Levelup sound perfectly, and works amazing! But I just need critical sound thats it, and i'm do for coding or editing the source, or if I can simply make the sound in the editor some how that be amazing!

It's ok, I code it in later by fulling around with the coding methods.

Thank you big time btw @Joyce

And not sure if you know, but Intersect has a sick Attendance System for Daily Logins!