Playing mp4 or gif animation for a "cutscene"

Gallus

Question

3 answers to this question

Easy method: only by changing the source.

Insane method: you can place each frame of the image (gif), as an image (.png) in the image folder, and create a common event for that. Then, in the common event, place the command to hold the player, show the image waiting for a while (something like 200ms), then do it for all frames (show image, wait, show, wait, show, wait), and in the end release the player and teleport him.

it is possible to do without changing the source, but as I said, a little insane.

3 hours ago, Weylon Santana said:

Easy method: only by changing the source.

Insane method: you can place each frame of the image (gif), as an image (.png) in the image folder, and create a common event for that. Then, in the common event, place the command to hold the player, show the image waiting for a while (something like 200ms), then do it for all frames (show image, wait, show, wait, show, wait), and in the end release the player and teleport him.

it is possible to do without changing the source, but as I said, a little insane.

I did it currently by adding all the frames as (.png) and did Show Image -> Wait -> Show Image -> Wait -> etc. It's going to be a pain but it'll do for now, and I can optimize it later when I feel like actually editing the source lol. I have to brush up on my C# and also look into the actual source to see how it's set up.

24 minutes ago, Gallus said:

I did it currently by adding all the frames as (.png) and did Show Image -> Wait -> Show Image -> Wait -> etc. It's going to be a pain but it'll do for now, and I can optimize it later when I feel like actually editing the source lol. I have to brush up on my C# and also look into the actual source to see how it's set up.

Its fine, if it works for you, you can mark my answer as "best answer". This makes it easier for others to see the solution by the title of your question. After all, your doubts today, doubts someone tomorrow.