Opening the game

CoolGuyBoss

Question

So, I just updated my server and did it all correctly from moving it from 6.0.*** to the latest build as of 4/23 (Dev builds) Now, for some reason after updating, the game just doesnt open. The editor does, but the launcher refuses to open so I tested stuff, it seems to occur when i replace the updated resources files with my current games (the folders). Im not sure how to fix this at all.

6 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

See if there are logs in the clients log folder. 

There are yes:

2020-04-24 06:10:02.255 [Error] 
  Message: This MGFX effect is for an older release of MonoGame and needs to be rebuilt.
    Stack:    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Effect.ReadHeader(Byte[] effectCode, Int32 index)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Effect..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Byte[] effectCode, Int32 index, Int32 count)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.EffectReader.Read(ContentReader input, Effect existingInstance)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentTypeReader`1.Read(ContentReader input, Object existingInstance)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.InnerReadObject[T](T existingInstance)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObject[T]()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadAsset[T]()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
   at Intersect.Client.MonoGame.Graphics.MonoShader..ctor(String shaderName, ContentManager content) in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\40dc5d27074313da\Intersect.Client\MonoGame\Graphics\MonoShader.cs:line 21
   at Intersect.Client.MonoGame.Graphics.MonoRenderer.LoadShader(String shaderName) in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\40dc5d27074313da\Intersect.Client\MonoGame\Graphics\MonoRenderer.cs:line 854
   at Intersect.Client.MonoGame.File_Management.MonoContentManager.LoadShaders() in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\40dc5d27074313da\Intersect.Client\MonoGame\File Management\MonoContentManager.cs:line 219
   at Intersect.Client.Framework.File_Management.GameContentManager.LoadAll() in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\40dc5d27074313da\Intersect.Client.Framework\File Management\GameContentManager.cs:line 114
   at Intersect.Client.Core.Graphics.InitGraphics() in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\40dc5d27074313da\Intersect.Client\Core\Graphics.cs:line 98
   at Intersect.Client.Core.Main.Start() in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\40dc5d27074313da\Intersect.Client\Core\Main.cs:line 33
   at Intersect.Client.MonoGame.IntersectGame.IntersectInit() in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\40dc5d27074313da\Intersect.Client\MonoGame\IntersectGame.cs:line 138
   at Intersect.Client.MonoGame.IntersectGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\40dc5d27074313da\Intersect.Client\MonoGame\IntersectGame.cs:line 191
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior)