[Minamoto Tutorial] Cooperative Creation

Minamoto Yoshitsune

This tutorial came from my own doubts in the topic:

to run this tutorial you will need:
2 global variables
1 common event
1 event on the map

with the help of Ainz Ooal Gown I managed to reach a result that I liked, this is just an initial outline of the system, each person can improve in their own way, but this tutorial is just to demonstrate the essence of the idea.

Let's get to the point, to start let's create 2 global variables.
The first being used as a tribute and the second as an accountant, both are integer.

Spoiler

493c5e59bc78d5d8690d6638318f9bce.png

Then we will create 1 common event add the wait function, change the value of 1000 to the time you want, in this case mine is set to 1 second. but change to 60000, which would be every 60 seconds.

Then add the function setar variable and place to subtract - 1.

Summarizing this step every 60 seconds this event will subtract 1 from the global variable that we created to be our accountant....

Don't forget to leave the trigger in autorun

Spoiler

7dc73ed03577e936028b0dbff36a3b0e.png

before saving, so that the event is not infinitely subtracting, let's add an execution condition.

in this case the condition to run this event automatically is that the global counter variable must be greater than 0.

Spoiler

b09926a2826a190f87c1d8a9f75d633d.png

That done, we have half the system ready !! let's go to the other half!
Now let's create 1 event on the game map and add 2 pages.

on page 1 we will first add the execution condition in this case I put that if the global tribute variable was less than 50, then page 1 of the event could be used you can change the contribution amount, in this case I threw the value low to test the efficiency.

Spoiler

b8b53dbb0caaa8ad23da5579d0b7c0eb.png

already on the controls on page 1, I put 1 checker back on, just so as not to leave the system fail. In this case, add the conditional to check if the tax is less than or equal to the number determined in your project, in my case it is 49.

I also added the option of the player being able to choose to contribute or not with the construction, so put a show option.

If the player decides to help with the construction, add the function pick up item, choose the item that will be the object of construction and set the value. In my example the item used is gold and the quantity is 10 coins.

Okay, now that the player has already decided to help with the construction, he has the necessary item and quantity, let's add the function setar variable and put to add the desired value in the global tribute variable, in the example he adds the value of 10 in the global variable.

Finally, to move on to the next stage we have to add one more conditional, this conditional will start counting the time the event will be available to players.
Then add a conditional to check when the global tax variable arrives at the desired amount of tax in my case that amount is 50 tax points.
So if the global tribute variable is equal to or greater than 50, it will add to our counter the value of 60.

Spoiler

a543112747f838a58e80a127a2165601.png

given the start of the count we have to make our event switch to page 2, so on page 2 we will add the execution conditions

in the example we will use 2 conditions for the execution, the first being the contribution value and the second the counting value

Spoiler

c1b9852f96e0c6e12b3ba133cacbd678.png6ee97bb75c2605114035e193dc75013f.png

finally we need to reset the tax after the event time has expired, for that on page 2 we will add a conditional to check the variable counter.
in the example I put that when the counter variable was equal to 0 the event would set the variable tribute to 0.
If the counter variable is not equal to 0 then this is where you will make some resource available, in my case it is a forging station, then I would add the open craft table event.

Spoiler

6f052a1c7c5a021a7c65d1ff5c45d7e5.png

that's it folks, I hope you like the idea of the system, I believe it can be used a lot and it's a way to create global events, where everyone's participation is required in the game.

thank you again to Ainz Ooal Gown  because he was the one who took the first steps to reach this conclusion.

this is a simplified version, we can do more amazing things from this idea