Sign in to follow this  
Andical

Not sure if its a bug

Question

Hello friends, since I dont know if it is a bug or if I dont configurate it well, I will ask it here...

I created a damaging rune (Sun Furry), and in order to make damage I select the Spell "Test Area" that has a Cast Spell Range(tiles) of 5. If I dont mark "Quick Cast Spell" I cant even use it.

But after this configuration, I can use the rune with no range limits, throwing it to ALL screen area. I cant make a limitation to the rune cast range.

EDIT: I also tried to create a spell with type "EVENT" that removes 1 rune everytime I use it, but the range and the other properties are ignored too. It seems none of the other spell properties are loaded either...

Am I doing fine? Is there any other way of creating damaging runes?

Thanks!!

f6f0f96527e63033a1694e85228ab3f7.png

My second question is: If I am in party with a friend that is near me and I press tab  to target a monster it doesnt change the focus because its trying to target my friend. Can I configurate this too?

I'm excited to show you guys my game but it's not ready yet, we are working hard to create more content. Will create a game post soon :)

3 answers to this question

I believe that hit range may be making you think that it affects the whole screen. Im not sure, maybe there is a bug, I should test it, but maybe if you limit the hit radious it will work fine(with that configuration, if you hit an enemy that is 4 tiles away from you and there is another enemy 8 tiles away from you but 4 tiles away from the first enemy, it will get hit). 

1 hour ago, Khaikaa said:

I believe that hit range may be making you think that it affects the whole screen. Im not sure, maybe there is a bug, I should test it, but maybe if you limit the hit radious it will work fine(with that configuration, if you hit an enemy that is 4 tiles away from you and there is another enemy 8 tiles away from you but 4 tiles away from the first enemy, it will get hit). 

I should not be able to use it since I added 500 mana too and I have 245... I think it ignores every property of spell :S

I have tested what you described and for me it doesn't work either. Items cant load properties of spells or  spells using that event (remove item 1)
I guess we should wait for a fix.... I had in mind runes for my game too, its a common feature for most rpgs