A Intersect Engine Question

Doug

Question

How to add Main Menu Music, and a Click Sound? Usually in vb6 you can do it by configuration, and replace click sound with whatever you choosing. Is it required by code or able to do outside of code?

4 answers to this question

I don't know if click sounds work in B5.. which is why my post above mentioned B6.

In the jsons you'd set your sounds like this: (Note, this is from B6)

"HoverSound": "octave-tap-resonant.wav",
      "MouseUpSound": "",
      "MouseDownSound": "octave-tap-warm.wav",
      "ClickSound": ""

Your best route is to wait on UI and UI Sound Effects config until B6.

For main menu music you can set that up now, it's as simple as:

"MenuMusic": "RPG-Theme_v001_Looping.ogg",

Music in Intersect is ogg.

Sound effects need to be wav.

Please note, support is handled on the forum instead of the shoutbox so that people can find and this information can be helpful in the future. 

Check the Client/Resources/Config.json for how to add menu background music.

In B6 there are options in the UI files (Client/Resources/Gui/Layouts) to set sound effects for every single ui element in the game that you can interact with.

B6 will also ship with a default menu music and ui sound effects pre-configured, so you can just replace the files as you like.

Never opened a JSON file before, how to open? and any idea the name of the original MainMenu and Click sound? Cause if that's turn then I can just simply rename 

Edit: found out how to open json… My be LOL

@jcsnider

Edit: I found the Click Sound inside some of the ui json files but when I change the entire txt for each "ClickSound": "Null", I don't hear anything when clicking.

oh ok, it works but half @$, but any idea when b6 be released? I really like this engine, it has a lot of unique features for what I need it for.

MainMenu works very simple and I love it. Also @jcsnider

Thank you so much for helping me.