PortForwarding

venderial

Question

10 answers to this question

1 hour ago, buu said:

Yea but you have to port forward that port in your router

Not when the server says it did it automatically and "Your game is accessible to the public!"

No port forwarding is needed in this instance, and that config is correct. 

13 minutes ago, venderial said:

Is it cuz im trying to play it on the same device I am hosting it?

No, it's working without modification because you have a decent router that allows Intersect to request that ports be opened. So no manual config is necessary. 

3 minutes ago, venderial said:

so I got it to work but now that im hosting it on another pc I cant get it to work on my laptop but everyone else can get connected to it.

Due to security measures you often cannot connect to your public IP within your own network.

On your PC keep the IP as localhost in that config. 

2 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

Due to security measures you often cannot connect to your public IP within your own network.

On your PC keep the IP as localhost in that config. 

what about on another pc on the same network? I have tried the ip and localhost nothing is working..

Just now, venderial said:

what about on another pc on the same network? I have tried the ip and localhost nothing is working..

Your PC also has a local address. On the server open command prompt and type in ipconfig and hit enter. 

The 192.168.X.X IP address is what you'll want to use internally. 

6 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

Your PC also has a local address. On the server open command prompt and type in ipconfig and hit enter. 

The 192.168.X.X IP address is what you'll want to use internally. 

I tried the 192.168.X.X and the 192.168.X.XX address and it seems to not work for any of them... I'm sorry for keep bugging you :(