it is possible to do the voiceovers for the workbench and craft ?

Jackson

Question

3 answers to this question

53 minutes ago, Jackson said:

in the editor there are no functions for audio files, whether it is possible through json files if Yes - that what, to make a workbench voice, craft and other things

A workaround I found for this is to create a "Animation", apply the sound you want, but don't actually set an animation, literally just set a sound. Then when you want to play the sound just call the animation (sound) in events.

I did this for a lot of things including from crafting benches, to chopping wood, as well as NPC sounds, so the sound would play, but with no animation set.

Hope this makes sense, but ive started making a tutorial series which this workaround is included, should be finished by end of weekend.

6 minutes ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

A workaround I found for this is to create a "Animation", apply the sound you want, but don't actually set an animation, literally just set a sound. Then when you want to play the sound just call the animation (sound) in events.

I did this for a lot of things including from crafting benches, to chopping wood, as well as NPC sounds, so the sound would play, but with no animation set.

Hope this makes sense, but ive started making a tutorial series which this workaround is included, should be finished by end of weekend.

Yes, I use the same methods, but to think of how to put it in crafting for things, I could not, the maximum that can be done is the sound of opening the workbench, no more

4 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Yes, I use the same methods, but to think of how to put it in crafting for things, I could not, the maximum that can be done is the sound of opening the workbench, no more

Yeah sounds is very limited. I just got around it by making the animation time last the length of the sound file.