There has to be a simpler way!

GGJay

Question

Hi all , im new to Intersect and i find everything in this game engine outstanding i love it.

However , talk about a long winded way to make quests , surely there has to be a simpler way to create a standard kill x quest other doing everything via events , because that is just confusing as heck!

5 answers to this question

It could be simpler for sure, we could have fields for a basic message, and basic item rewards, etc... but events allow all of that and infinitely more. It was more important to us to provide the powerful option with our limited time over the more limited/user friendly option. :/

Lol it's no problem! I agree with you for what that's worth.. and long term it's a goal of mine to have various simplified events or event "templates" to make all of that easier/quicker. Sadly development time just doesn't allow us to tackle everything and there always seems to be a list of larger priorities to tackle.

Good news is that with a little event practice it does get quicker. Game dev as a whole never really does though with the ever growing list of things to do haha. Hang in there dude!

In the spirit of keeping things organized/easy to find can we move that to a separate topic?

Give us screenshots of your quest config. Your final task setup, and the final event the player should talk to. I'm sure we can get it working.

I'm going to go ahead and move this thread to the answered forum.